Why Early VMware Deal Registration just became a High Priority for Resellers!
Advantage+ Deal registration incentivizesVMware partners in form of deal protection and additional Discounts for Enterprise and Premier Partners
VMware has recently made key changes in itsSPF and deal registration (Advantage+ discounting) program.
Prior to these changes once SPF was offered on a deal the existing deal registration hence the additional discounts were nullified, and the deal was open to all partners. This encouraged somepartners to delay their deal registration for fear that competition may get an SPF on that deal and their deal registration would be largely worthless.
The new changes in the deal registrationand SPF program ensures that Advantage+ Deal Registration benefits for the registered Partner will carry over and it will not be nullified, even if SPF is issued.
This also ensures theVMware Enterprise or Premier partner who does the deal registration will always get a higher percentage of total discount even if a SPF is issued.
Following illustration shows how this new change works:
Earlier Discounting Scenario:
- Partner A gets a requirement (deal size>=10k) from the customer andA registers the deal to safeguard that opportunity.
- Partner B gets to know about this opportunity andin order to compete with that deal (s)he gets SPF approved.
- In this case though Partner A has found and registered the deal early, Partner Alost their first mover advantage on that deal because that Advantage+ was nullified.
Current Discounting Scenario:
- Partner A gets a requirement (deal size>=10k) from the customer and A registers the deal to safeguard that opportunity.
- Partner B gets to know about this opportunity and in order to compete with that deal (s)he gets SPF approved.
- Under the new changes, when the opportunity is approved for an SPF, approx. 50% of the Advantage+ Deal Registration benefits for the registered Partner A will carry over.
- In this case asPartner A has registered the deal early and is the partner of record on the deal,Awould not only safeguard the deal but also would receive a greater discount (a portion of Advantage+ discount and SPF both).
- Partner B will only get SPF but not Advantage+, hence cannot practically offer a better discount to customer than partner A
With all the benefits of deal and discount protection, can you afford to delay a deal registration anymore?
Happy and Smarter Selling!